Berry and Young work closely with the Local Authorities in the area - whatever your plans are, they are more likely than not, going to need permission of some sort. That's where we can help you.

So, you have made the decision that you want to make a change to your property. You might even have some ideas or sketches and even if you don't, that's not a problem. We can meet you - either at our office or in your home - we can discuss what you want to achieve, and go from there.

We will advise what Local Authority permissions you will need, be it the typical Planning and Building Regulation applications or something more involved such as Listed Building or Conservation Area applications. You may even have started work and had a visit from the enforcement officer and need retrospective permission or a certificate of lawful development.

We can draw up your project with fully detailed drawings and plans, complete the forms, source all the additional information required and submit your application. We continue to monitor your application, working with the allocated Planning Officer through to a decision.

We work closely with the Local Authorities in the area - Wychavon, Redditch, Tewkesbury Borough, Cotswold District, Wyre Forest, Malvern Hills, Birmingham City, Cheltenham Borough and Stratford District to name but a few!

Once the decision has been made, we can continue to help and support you and your project. Please click on the additional services tab to find out more.

Part L of the Building Regulations require all new dwellings to be subject to energy assessments by way of a SAP calculation. We are fully accredited SAP and EPC surveyors and can help you with this aspect of your build. The 'as designed' SAP is generated from the full plans and ensures the correct levels of insulation and heating requirements are known prior to work commencing on site.

On completion, your SAP calculation is updated to 'as built' and will take into account any variations from your 'as designed' report which occurred during the build.

The 'as built' report is used to generate your EPC should one be required.

Similarly, if you have been told by Building Control that before they will sign off your construction you need a SAP calculation or EPC certificate then please give us a call.

For any enquiry, please just get in touch using our details on the contact page.