Berry and Young offer many building services, here, we try to explain more.

Berry and Young do far more than just Local Authority permission services.

Starting from the very beginning of the ideas process, we can design your build with as much input from yourselves as you want. Give us a wish list of what you require and we shall work with that - and any Local Authority restrictions - and produce a set of CAD drawings for you.

Similarly, we can measure and draw up anything you want - we have recently been involved in producing drawings for a patent application for a piece of farm machinery.

Our surveying and measuring skills have been used recently in liaising with Land Registry over boundary issues and changes. This is a recurring issue that we are encountering but one that we can help resolve for you.

Under the new government energy guidelines, within Building Regulations Part L, developments need to prove their energy efficiency. This is through SAP calculations and EPC reports. We have been accredited SAP surveyors since 1st August 1995 and on 24th August 2009 we were authorised to carry out energy ratings and produce Energy Performance Certificates.

So much is reported in the media about 'cowboy builders' which is always a concern for any homeowner embarking on any project. We can remove this worry for you. We can produce a full specification of works required, oversee the tender process to obtain competitive fixed-priced quotations and recommend local, reliable companies to you.

Following the receipt of prices and your go-ahead to the company of your choice, we can supervise your build, deal with any problems on site and assure you that the work you have been charged for really has occurred - and to meet Building Regulation requirements and best practice standards.

Whilst we would advise you at the beginning of your project if we thought there was a problem in gaining planning permission for whatever reason, should permission be refused by the Local Authority, we can Appeal against the decision on your behalf. We can never guarantee that permission would be granted but will always inform you should we feel that a scheme is likely to be refused. Should an appeal be necessary, we prepare and collate all the supporting documentation, produce the accompanying statement and be present for the site visit or hearing.

Should you be asked by your Building Control Officer for a percolation test, we can help you with this requirement.

Having been in business for so long, if we cannot help you, we almost certainly will know of someone that can! We can recommend companies for requirements such as structural calculations, full topographic surveys, noise tests, air pressure tests and land contamination reports.

For any enquiry, please just get in touch using our details on the contact page.